Friday, August 21, 2009

This Time It's Different!

I have to say honestly...it's weird being on this side of the chair... it's an interesting thing having gone through this whole cancer thing myself... and now watching my mom go through it... I find my self relating to her in so many different ways...I have a strong understanding of her feelings... her mental state and just all around empathy for what's happening.

When I was going through it...we were starting from scratch... and we had barely any information and through God's blessings I was with the right set of doctors and they were making my life a ton easier... Now my mom is using those same doctors... and the comfort level is astounding... I mean we are like old pro's as crazy as that sounds... I know whole hearted that we will get through this no matter the outcome.! That alone makes me deal with things a little bit better... I mean after you get over the initial shock of the situation.. I was able to come back to earth a little.

Right now I am in a good place... All I can do is go day by day... take one step at a time... and pray for the best result... I wish this wasn't happening to me.. I honestly do... I wish this wasn't happening to my mom... I wish there was something I could do to make this all go away.. Like there was some alternate universe we could go to and everything would be fine.. but here we are... pushing away...doing our best... and getting closer as we go on!

No comments:

Post a Comment