Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I Digress!

So with all the Hullabaloo (mom stuff) I am trying to get back on track... and to update... mom is okay... she now just has to decide what procedure she wants to have done, and waiting for surgery dates... the good news is she doesn't have to do chemo or radiology! (soooo relieved)

So now back to me... I did not mention this before but I am an actor... and when I was hit with cancer I had to kind of take a break from it...it was hard for me cause I really love it...and I thought I would loose my chops... I had even thought I made a mistake... that maybe God didn't really want me to be an actor... and cancer was his way of saying stop it... sounds silly I know...but it's really what I thought..!  So I got a desk job and I was miserable... some pretty great things happend to me on that job... I got my first Story By credit on a Lifetime movie... but the acting bug was still nudging at me... then I thought about it.

God gives you certain gifts, and it is for us to use those gifts for his purpose...and to uplift him... and show that we are working in those gifts truly and fully... I began to understand that my lesson was not that I wasn't supposed to act...its just he had something else for to do... art sometimes imitates life, and through my education in acting it has made me very passionate... and has taken all my shyness away... so that I am one... working in the gift of acting... and two... spreading the word about this disease (cancer) and showing people that life is short, to short to not be doing what you were Called to do!

You too may be sitting at a job you hate and your thinking I wish I was doing this or that... well the thing you fear most is the thing you should do because it's a challenge... and it's okay to fail the first go round, but it's what you take from that failure and apply when you TRY again!

So, now I can say with a proud voice I am an actor... and the race is not given to the swift but the one who endureth till the end...Now that's something you can take to heart... I know I have!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Nikea (I found you through SITS)
    I just want to say that this is a great post, and a good reminder about being true to yourself and following your dreams. My husband is at a crossroads in his career, as well. Stay where he's been for over a decade, even though he is loathe to do it. Or maybe take a chance on something that isn't so sure? Doing something he loves. It's not an easy decision, but one that is his to make. I don't want him to have any regrets, you know?
    Also, very good news about mom! Truly a blessing to have an option that doesn't include radiation and/or chemo. Best wishes to her for a quick recovery and a clean bill of health.
    Take Care!

    ReplyDelete