Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's Morning!


(Sigh) today is a new day... and thank God for it... I had a chance to seriously try and process all that has been going on...it's hard to believe that this is happening, but it definitely is...Now all I can do is take it day by day...! Pray for a blessed outcome, what ever it may be...!

Which brings me to this...It's interesting because I had already made up my mind to do a breast cancer walk...A wonderful set of ladies Shelley Otto and Monica Payne who make up the Honey Collective and I have joined forces to do the City of Hope Walk On October 25th.

This past Sunday August 16th at Falcon we had a sign up and we will be having another on August 30th at the Falcon and 2 more in September (location TBA)...Then a huge Pink party on October 6th at the Roosevelt to celebrate the walk itself.

This walk is especially close to me now not just because I am a survivor, but because of my mom and City of Hope is the number one cancer research facilitythat is trying to figure out why breast cancer is so aggressive in black women.

If you can't make any of the events... Here are instructions on how to sign up for the walk...our team name and other information you might need... the walk is in Duarte CA about an hour away...so we are going to have some party buses take us out there:

To Register for HONEY WALKS FOR LIFE GO TO:

http://nationalevents.cityofhope.org/site/TR/Walk/General/637097249?pg=team&fr_id=1115&team_id=5310

Click on “Join Team” (listed in pink text)
Enter the information requested by the website.


I would love it if you would join.! Also pass this along to whomever you would like... we are trying to get 500 people to walk with us...! Men and Women!

No comments:

Post a Comment