Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Closing A Chapter

At a point in time...I had to find my own closure with someone that I deeply loved... I was young and so was he... but I knew my love was real... and were not talking teenage love... I mean we were both at the age where... people fall in love and get married.!  I didn't know if that was in the cards for us... but what I did know is that I was in love... his love well?....!

Needless to say the relationship ended abruptly... with no real explanation... and certain things happend during that time that were life changing...I was left to deal with that pain alone...I even had to find my own closure because I didn't know if there would ever be a moment where we would just be able to sit down and talk...!

10 years later...he pops up, and in the most random of places gotta love facebook... and we decide to meet... I don't expect anything... and believe whole hearted that I had/have moved on... and much to my surprise... I had... I mean I actually had...seeing him was nice...it made me realize that I am a strong person and that I can handle pretty much anything... and the closure I had to seek on my own had occured...!

Also, much to my surprise...He brought up the past and apologized for all he had done... and I had apologized for my doings in it as well... as it takes two to tango...we sat and just looked at each other for a while wondering if we could even just be friends again... I was a gammut of emotion... I went from feeling sorry for him and me... to understanding that it's hard to forget the past... but if you forgive the past it's easy to talk about the past...! 

Although, some things remain the same alot has changed... he's gone through alot and so have I...but... there was one more thing I needed to know... because of the love I had for him... sometimes that just makes even the smallest act of intamacy that much deeper... so as we kissed.... there was no bells, now whistles, no bombs bursting in the air... it was done...!

That particular door was closed... I don't know if we will actually be able to be friends... I'm not even sure if we will see each other again... but I do know that Chapter of my life was, is and has been closed!

1 comment:

  1. Closure is a wonderful thing. Good for you!

    "State and Main" starred: Bill Macy, SJP- Sarah Jessica Parker, Alec Baldwin and Phillip Seymour Hoffman. Very Hollywood insider, very funny.

    ReplyDelete