Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Best Advice is Usually Your Own


Lately, it seems I have been full of advice.   Lots of people are going through all sorts of stuff, and generally, while your giving advice someone is also giving advice to you.
 
However, the advice you give is great because you are not going through, what that person is.  It's always easier to give great advice when your free and clear of that particular trouble.


The funny part is, the adivce your giving, is probably meeting you right where you are.  Or it's great future advice for you.  I'm sure what ever your friend is going through you've either been there, or about to go there, and well listen to your self when you talk.

The term your preaching to the chior has never made more sense.  And the next time you are in the situation think back on the advice you so sternly gave, and apply to yourself, because you were right the first time.

The truth is when you give advice, the best advice for you is your own.

1 comment:

  1. It's always easier when you are removed from a particular situation, to offer advice. My sis likes to ask my advice, and vice versa. We don't always take it, but it lends some insight or view we might not see on our own.
    I agree that when we offer our opinions, it really is what we would do, and therefore it's really for us.
    I was just telling my sis this morning that today she should pick up a movie when she gets out of work and go home and pop up some corn and make a cappuccino and enjoy her evening alone. Hmmm....sounds good to me:)

    ReplyDelete